I really have missed toast and jam. The odd slice of keto bread toast doesn’t hurt, but the jam is nearly 100% sugar so it’s strictly Nono land. I found this recipe on the net and it’s really easy. With strawberries being in season now and plenty of pick your owns around i think I’m going to make a years supply.
10 MINUTE(ish) STRAWBERRY JAM
700g Strawberries, hulled*
150g sugar substitute of your choice, you could use slightly less if you don’t want it as sweet.
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Agar-Agar, do not use any more than this, I you want a loser jam use less.
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare strawberries and cut into medium sized pieces.
2. Put strawberries and sugar substitute in a pot, cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 8 minutes, stirring a few times and removing any foam that forms.
4. After the 8 minutes stir in lemon juice, vanilla paste and agar-agar and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for about an hour or so.
6. Before jarring break up so it more resembles jam.
7. Store in airtight containers, will keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge or if put in a plastic container will stir for 1 year in the freezer and will keep for 1 week after defrosting.
* I hulled my strawberries with a drinking straw. Push through from the pointed end of strawberry and push out the stalk, this method is really quick.