My grandchildren love it when I bake and this one is great fir children. Higher in carbs than I would usually make but a great treat for children and adults alike.
BANANA AND CARROT MUFFINS
• 300g (3 cups) grated carrot
• 5 eggs
• 180g (3/4 cup) butter, softened
• 2 very ripe medium bananas
• 150g (1 1/4 cup) almonds, ground
• 30g (scant 1/4 cup) flaxseed, ground
• 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp Stevia, adjust to the sweetness you like
• 100g (1/2 cup) cream cheese, full fat
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1/2 tsp Stevia
1. Heat your oven to 180c.
2. Blend your eggs, softened butter and bananas until thoroughly combined.
3. Mix in the ground almonds, flaxseed, spice, vanilla, stevia and baking powder.
4. Lastly, gently stir in the grated carrot and the walnuts.
5. Pour the dough into a muffin tin lined with paper cups.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
7. For the icing, beat the cream cheese (should have room temperature) with 1/2 tsp of stevia and lemon zest.
8. Spread the mixture onto to the muffins once they are cooled
Each muffin is 7.8 net carbs… very much a treat or something to serve to your non LCHF friends