Sometimes I totally crave something sweet, especially with my coffee. These are quick and easy to make. I use Sukrin Gold because it gives a bit of that brown sugar richness taste to the cookies. I really want to find a decent LCHF recipe for Ginger Nuts but haven’t found one that makes the grade yet.
ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
115g butter, softened
50g coconut oil
150g Sukrin Gold or granulated sweetener of choice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
300g almond Flour/ground almonds
150g sugar free chocolate chips of choice
95g toasted walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sukrin gold.
3. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
4. Mix in the baking soda and salt.
5. Add the almond flour, 1/3 at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon.
7. You can refrigerate the dough prior to baking for 30 minutes to prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
8. Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
9. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
10. Cool and enjoy!
11. Store in biscuit tin or similar container, eat within 3 days.
2.5-2.8 g net carbs per cookie depending on the chocolate you use.