I have just made this from a recipe I have adapted. The original had sugar in it but I prefer a more bitter chocolate cake so I left it out completely. The chocolate I used does contain Stevia so I thought that would sweeten it enough.
When I first saw the recipe I thought it would turn out like a chocolate omelette but it has a very light airy cake texture. My partner wants it with cherries as the think it would then be Black Forest Gateaux. I sometimes like my chocolate cakes to have a bit of a hit to them so I put in the option to add chilli.
QUICK TWO INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CAKE
4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
255g sugar free chocolate, I use this Here
1/2 – 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170c/325f
2. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt completely, about 1 minute or use Bain marie method over hot water I use this as there is less risk of burning the chocolate.
3. Using a hand mixer, whisk the whites until soft peaks form.
4. Add the yolks, one by one, into the bowl of chocolate, whisking to combine, at this point you can add the chilli powder if you are using it.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold ⅓ of the whipped egg whites into the yolk and chocolate mixture. Repeat with the remaining egg whites, adding ⅓ at a time.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 6-inch cake mold and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven an place cake tin on a cooling rack to prevent residual cooking.
8. Once the cake is cool to the touch, gently invert it onto a plate.
Serve with cream and berries
Per serving of cake
This is based on the chocolate and the sweeteners used in it