Coffee and Shortbread… Total bliss.
145g ground almonds
16g arrowroot powder
Large pinch of salt
42g/ 1/8 cup maple syrup or honey
1. Preheat oven to 175c/350f.
2. In a bowl or using a mixer thoroughly mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the maple syrup/honey and mix until well combined.
4. Add the butter 1/4 at a time making sure you scrape bowl with a spatula after each mix, to make sure it’s all mixed in evenly.
5. Roll crumbly dough into a ball and place between 2 pieces of baking parchment.
6. Press out to a circle approx 1 1/4cm /1/2inch thick, do not use rolling pin as you have more control using your hands.
7. Using a fork mark the edge all the way around, mark out petticoats cutting almost all the way through the dough, prick the plain part of each petticoat with a skewer.
8. Place in oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven, cut all segments all the way through and place segments on a cooling rack.
10. Allow to cool if you can.