I just love cauliflower rice but like to flavour it and add things.This was last nights.
ASIAN FLAVOURED CAULIFLOWER RICE
300g frozen cauliflower rice
1/2 red/yellow/orange bell pepper, doesn’t matter which, chopped quite small
4 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 small knobs of butter, about 1 tsp altogether
1. Put frozen cauliflower in a bowl place in microwave and zap on high for 4-5 mins or until totally defrosted. Remove from microwave and strain in a sieve. Leave for 2-3 minutes to allow all liquid to drain.
2. Heat both oils together in a pan add onions and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
4. Add all spices and ensure they are thoroughly mixed into the vegetables.
5. Cook until vegetables reach desired tenderness add salt and butter stir in to give shine and richness. Serve.
All spices can be altered to taste. Try your own combinations, experiment and have fun