We had this for dinner the other night. A good tasty meal made from store cupboard staples, cost under £3 in total. Adjust chilli to your taste but its better than a takeaway.
350g boneless chicken
2 large onions
½ green chilli
2 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon minced or grated garlic-ginger
½ tablespoon garam masala
1 Tin chopped Tomatoes, drained in a sieve
½ cup chopped cucumber
1 tbsp chaat masala
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or dried
1tsp ground corriander
Salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken in small pieces. Marinade the chicken pieces with half table spoon garlic-ginger paste for 30 mins.
2. Chop the onions and tomatoes.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and stir and cook until it is lightly golden brown.
4. Add the remaining garlic-ginger paste and chopped green chilli. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
5. Now add the chicken pieces and cook for 12-15 mins. Stir gently in between.
6. Then add the garam masala powder, ground coriander, salt and tomato puree. Cook and stir for 2 mins. Stir gently in between.
7. Add the chaat masala powder and stir gently.
8. Now add chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes and chopped coriander leaves. Stir the chicken chaat masala gently and cook for further 2 mins.