Found a recipe for a traditional lasagna made in the instant pot so I thought I’d Keto it.
Tasted great but when I make it again I will flash fry the courgette for a few mins to soften it a bit as it was a little too al dente for me.
Not worked out the carbs yet but will add as soon as I’ve done it.
Keto Instant Pot Lasagne
• 1 cup Cream cheese
• 1-2 eggs, depending on size
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/2 tsp Basil
• 1 tsp Oregano
• 1 tsp Thyme
• 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 24 oz pasata
• 2 courgettes/zucchini, sliced lengthwise
• 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• To make the cheese layer, mix all ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.
• To make meat layer, brown beef in a skillet until no longer pink.
• Add in the garlic and stir to combine evenly.
• Add pasata and mozzarella
• To assemble lasagna, spray your 7 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
• Layer the bottom of your pan with 3-4 courgette
• Cover with 1/2 meat sauce.
• Spread 1/2 the cheese layer evenly over meat.
• Repeat layer process one time using up remaining meat/cheese mixture.
• Add 1 final layer of courgette and cover with sauce.
• Spray a sheet of tin foil with cooking spray and cover the pan tightly.
• Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the bottom of your Instant Pot pan.
• Place the covered springform pan on the trivet and use the handles to lower it into the pan.
• Place the lid securely on and ensure valve is in sealing position.
• Cook manual, high pressure for 25 minutes.
• Do a quick release and once pin drops, open lid and remove lasagna/tin foil.
• Place on baking sheet in oven on broil until cheese begins to brown.(optional)
• Allow to “rest” about 10 minutes to absorb juices.
• Remove springform sides of pan and slice to desired size.
• Serve and enjoy!