Today we thought we’d get a cheeky little BBQ in before it starts to rain again. These are slow cooked wrapped in foil in the oven before being slavered generously with the bbq sauce and then finished off on the bbq for a few mins each side.
I was, as usual, covered in the sauce… all over my face, hands, arms and of course in my hair… you just can’t eat ribs tidily.
BBQ pork ribs with Keto BBQ sauce
Salt and pepper
1. Lay the oiled and seasoned rack of ribs on a sheet pan.
2. Cover them with foil.
3. Bake in a 135c/275f preheated oven for 2 hours until tender.
4. Brush the ribs with your favorite barbecue sauce.
5. Finish of on the bbq brushing with extra bbq sauce if needed
200g/1 cup puree
1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
65g/1/2 cup powdered sweetener
2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp Chipolte Morita seasoning, adjust this according to taste but this has a kick.
1. Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium-high heat and stir together as you bring to a simmer.
2. Simmer until the sauce reaches your desired thickness, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce the heat as needed to maintain a simmer stir occasionally.
4. Taste the sauce. Add sweetener and chipolte as needed to adjust sweetness and spiciness.
5. Let cool.
Nutrition Info for sauce
Serving: 2 tablespoons
3g total cars
2.5 g net carbs