These are not what would be classed as low carb but would be good for gluten free or to have as an alternative to wheat flour dinner rolls, I didn’t work out the carbs until after I had made them.
They taste good and have the texture of crumpets. My partner said they were a mixture between crumpets and English muffins and called them “Cruffins”
Super Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread
Makes 6 large/12 small
. 63ml/1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
. 186ml/2/3 C. milk of your choice
. 165g/1 1/2 C. tapioca flour
. 1 egg, room temperature
. 1 tsp salt
. 50g/1/2 C. grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease your mini muffin pan thoroughly with butter, and set aside.
3. In your blender or KitchenAid, combine the milk, room temperature egg, oil, cheese and salt until combined.
4. Once combined, add the tapioca flour 1/2 C. at a time until all of the tapioca flour has been added.
5. Mix well on high, scraping down the sides of the blender so that everything is easily blended.
6. Pour the batter into your greased mini muffin tin ~ leaving just 1/8 inch of space at the top.
7. Pop in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown
For 6 large/12 small
One Comment Add yours
These look wonderful.