With Autumn making it a bit chillier we need food that wraps us up. This is not a traditional Goulash but my version. In the picture I used minced/ground beef but you could used cubed beef, whatever you have. Most of what is in this dish is stuff you would have in your store cupboard/fridge/freezer so it makes it one of those go to recipes.
As usual where spice is concerned what I say is spicy my partner says is mild so adjust spices to your own taste.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Goulash
Serves 4 Recipe PDF
- 500g/1 pound lean ground beef or cubed beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 diced Bell pepper, any colour
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 400g/14- ounce can diced tomatoes, drain juice and save
- 200ml beef stock, you can make extra to add if needed
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼-1/2 tsp cayenne, depending on how much of a kick you want
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef in a heavy skillet.
- Add the bell pepper and onion.
- Saute until the vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato juice and stock
- Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Uncover and simmer a few minutes more to reduce the liquid in the dish.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, cayenne and paprika
- Transfer to the slow cooker/crock pot and cook on high for 15 minutes the on low for 3 hours, checking to see if it needs any more liquid added occasionally. After 1 hour taste and adjust spices and seasoning.
- Really good for freezing
Carbs – 7g, Fibre – 2.3g Net carbs – 4.7g