I did a version of this that was cooked in the oven, this recipe is done stove top and is ready really quickly. And yes I know its another Greek style recipe but I feel its more a general Mediterranean dish.
In the picture i forgot to put the olives on… DOH!
Mediterranean Chicken In A Pan
11/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
750g/1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 ½ tbsp Greek seasoning
1 tsp Salt
4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
80g/½ cup diced onion
1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
150g/1 cup cherry tomatoes
240g/14 oz can artichoke hearts
½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
½ lemon, sliced
35g/⅓ cups Olives
220g/8 oz sliced white button mushrooms
large handful washed spinach
- Prep all of your vegetables by juicing and slicing the lemon, slicing the mushrooms, mincing the garlic, dice the onion, etc.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chicken, sprinkle with salt and Greek seasoning.
- Cook 5 – 7 minutes until golden and cooked through, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in the artichokes, mushrooms, olives, lemons, lemon juice, and tomatoes cook 4-5 minutes until mushrooms start to soften.
- Add the chicken back to pan and toss to combine. Add in the spinach cooking one minute longer to slightly wilt.
- Garnish with lemon slices, top with some basil and drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- Serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Greek seasoning: Combine 1 tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp dried dill ½ tsp dried mint, ½ tsp dried basil, ¼ tsp dried coriander, ½ tsp onion powderand ¼ tsp garlic powder.
Total Carbs 14.5g
Net Carbs 6.9g
One Comment Add yours