This is usually laden with nightshades, here’s a version that’s not. Really good for a lunch with Parmesan/cheese crisps or cucumber sticks to dip in, it won’t last long. You don’t have to be AIP to enjoy this.
LOW CARB AIP GUACAMOLE
• 2 avocados, cubed
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 small red onion, chopped
• 15-20g chopped fresh coriander (optional, but use fresh and not dried)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash together with a fork, it doesn’t mater if it’s a bit lumpy.
2. Taste and adjust salt/coriander/garlic to your taste
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour
Make sure to use fresh rather than dried coriander. Dried coriander is just not very flavourful and makes the guacamole take on a grayish tint as well.