Chimichurri from Argentina is the best accompaniment to any barbecued or grilled meats. It can used as a dressing on salads. It can spice up a meal quickly turning your usual evening meal or lunchtime salad into a zingy meal.
• 125ml olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 25g finely chopped parsley
• 3-4 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
• 2 small red chilies , or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 level teaspoon coarse salt
• pepper , to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using.
2 Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours, if needed.
3 Use to marinate or baste meats and fish or on salads or add a couple of tablespoons over your meat or fish to serve.