This is a favourite in our household. We like it sharp but you can adjust the sweetener to your own taste. I also leave the lemon zest in others may want to sieve it out. We have it on the homemade granola with some Greek yogurt, sometimes I just have the yogurt and curd as a snack, not totally Paleo or Keto but really tasty.
8 egg yolks
Juice and zest from 4 lemons
10-30 drops of liquid Stevia, depending on how sweet you want it
8 tbsp ghee or butter
Pinch of salt
1. Whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, Stevia and salt in a saucepan.
2. Heat, continuing to whisk, until it begins to thicken
3. Add ghee/butter and adjust heat to med/med-low and to continue to whisk until it thickens to your desired thickness.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool, whisk every now and then to stop a skin forming.
5. Store in a sealable Jar or container in the fridge once cooled.
3 Comments Add yours