TAHINI AND MAPLE BLONDIES
1 large egg
100ml Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Paste
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp baking powder
100g Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Prepare 8×8 baking tin, line with foil or baking parchment and spray with non stick cooking spray. If you use silicone bakeware there is no need for this.
2. Whisk egg until light and fluffy, whisk in the maple syrup until well combined.
3. Add Tahini (remember to stir in the jar first so oil is mixed in), vanilla paste and whisk well, until a smooth batter.
4. Whisk in baking powder and salt.
5. Using a spoon or spatula stir in the Cacao nibs.
6. Pour mixture into baking tin and spread evenly
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until soft and golden. Use a skewer or cocktail stick to test, it should come out with a few moist crumbs when ready.
8. Allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack (about 1 hour) which is really hard to do as you really want to eat them warm
9. Cut into bars and store in a sealed container. Will store for 3-4 days, honest this won’t happen they will be gone in a day.