Here in the UK it’s a bank holiday weekend so many of us will be having BBQ’s and parties or just having friends around for drinks, not much fun if you feel you can’t be part of it because you’re low carb. Here’s a good solution, you could adjust the quantities and make by the jug full for everyone to enjoy. Not encouraging you to drink alcohol I just know that many people like to.
I would also like to say drink sensibly and never drink and drive.
LOW CARB MARGARITAS
• 90ml good tequila (white)
• 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
• 20ml vodka
• Crushed ice
• Kosher salt for rimming (optional)
• 1 tbsp powdered sweetener (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker or a measuring cup, combine tequila, lime juice, vodka and sweetener, if using.
2. Fill two margarita glasses or old-fashioned glasses halfway with crushed ice.
3. Divide mixture evenly between glasses.
4. If you like a salted rim, run a wedge of lime around the outside of the glass before filling with ice and dip in a plate of kosher salt.
Serves 2. Each serving has 3 g of carbs.
Dietary fibre trace
Quantities for a 1 litre jug:
240ml lime juice