Made these today, they’re not overly sweet and have a nice little salty hit. I didn’t have any salt flakes today so I just used ground sea salt.
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/4-1/3 cup tahini
3/4 cup buckwheat flour, you may need a little more
1/2 heaped tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp cacao powder
Sea salt flakes for decoration
1. In one bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cacao together, in another bowl mix maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
2. Gradually add the flour mixture to the tahini mixture, you need a dough the consistency of Play-doh, so you will have to use your hands at some point
3. Divide dough into 16 even pieces and roll into balls and place on a baking sheet and flatten either with the bottom of a glass or with your hand. You do not have to space them as the dough does not spread.
4. Sprinkle salt flakes on each disc and bake in a pre heated to 175c/350f for 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack until completely cool before eating. Store in an airtight container
4g net carbs per cookie.