After complaints of “I’m fed up with eggs for breakfast” I made some granola… it’s actually really tasty and nice with some Greek yoghurt.
SEED AND NUT GRANOLA
250g desiccated coconut
250g mixed seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin etc)
70g chopped walnuts
50g coconut oil, melted
1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey or sugar free maple syrup
2 tsp all spice
1-2 handfuls of dried fruit (cranberries, sour cherries etc) optional
1. Place coconut, seeds, dried fruit and walnuts in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Melt coconut oil in a pan then add all spice and maple syrup, combine well
3. Spread seed mixture in a high sided roasting/baking dish and pour over the liquid, mix thoroughly making sure everything has a fine coating of the liquid.
4. Bake at 180c/359f for 20-25 minutes
5. To make sure the mixture doesn’t burn turn the mixture every 3-4 minutes until it is all well toasted
6. Allow to completely cooled then place in an airtight container
5g net carbs per serving of 45g