At Easter I had a bit of a success (?) with the Easter eggs so last night I decided I’d try making some chocolates. I didn’t know what to put in them but I came upon it by accident, my first attempt at cashew butter on my NutriBullet I didn’t take it far enough and came out like a soft creamy cookie dough texture, it tasted great so I rolled it into balls and used that for the soft centres. They taste great and you could add flavouring to the cashew mush for variety, lemon, coffee, orange, vanilla, maple.
Hand Made Soft Centre Chocolates
1 handful of cashew nuts whizzed in blender until consistency of cookie dough and rolled into balls to fit mould
100g dark sugar free chocolate
1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1. Melt sugar and butter together in a bowl over boiling water. mix together well.
2. Put 2/3 tsp chocolate in mould and make sure it covers bottom
3. Push in cashew balls and cover, top up with extra chocolate if needed.
4. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours then remove from mould.
5. Store in air tight container in the fridge.