My go to weekend breakfast:
PALEO TAPIOCA FLOUR PANCAKES
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup full cream milk of your choice
Pinch of sea salt
5-7 drops vanilla Stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
Lard for cooking, you only need a little per batch
1. Combine tapioca flour, coconut flour and salt.
2. Add milk and whisk it in.
3. Whisk in the egg and add Stevia and vanilla to taste. At this stage you can adjust the thickness of the batter by adding either more flour(either one) or milk, depending on what type of pancake you’re making.
4. Rest batter for a few minutes.
5. Heat pan and melt a small knob of lard, coat the pad with this (the first pancake will need a little more lard than following ones).
6. Ladle batter into pan and spread to desired size and thickness, cook until golden brown on bottom and then flip and repeat.
7. Serve with maple syrup, honey, sugar free compote or jam, lemon and granulated sweetener.
These are totally yummy and very filling. The tapioca flour has no taste so these tasted exactly like standard pancakes. You could add a little baking soda to add more fluffyness.