I’ve made this a few times and it is always the first dessert to go. No one believes it’s sugar free.
And yes it’s another Tahini recipe.
250g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
250g dark chocolate, chopped (70-75%)
6 large eggs, separated
150g granulated sugar substitute of choice (I use Erythritol and a little liquid Stevia)
1 tsp vanilla or coconut liquid stevia alternately just use vanilla extract
150g tahini (make sure you stir in the jar first)
Topping: see canolli topping
Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
1. Line a 10 inch spring form pan with parchment and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a heat proof bowl over gently simmering water, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, stir eggs and sugar substitute until combined.
4. Gradually pour in melted chocolate mixture into egg mixture
5. Add in chocolate stevia and tahini and stir until smooth
6. Pour into pan and bake 35-45 minutes. Torte will be very moist in the middle.
7. Transfer torte to a wire rack and cool completely in pan about 1 hour. Once cool, remove from pan and top with optional toppings if desired.
Refrigerate left overs if whipped cream topping has been added.
Sugar Free Cannoli Frosting
150g ricotta cheese
150g mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
75g double cream (adjust this so you get your desired thickness)
few drops liquid vanilla stevia to taste (about 4-5)
Place all ingredients into a stand mixer.
Blend on high until mixture is a thickened smooth consistency.
Taste and adjust the stevia or sweetener of choice.
Decorate or keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Does not need refrigeration if no topping has been added.